After a long and stressful day, I logged into my account only to find the most pleasant surprise. Alison of “Happy Domesticity” had nominated me for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”. This was such an unexpected gesture and I am fully appreciative of the support and recognition. Here is what she had to say:
“The Refined Palate” is a blog that reminds me of a glossy magazine.
And it inspires me, as do all the blogs I have listed here.
This blog has beautiful photography, beautiful recipes.
There is so much to say about this blog, discover for yourself what I mean.
The recipe I am most craving from here at the moment is: http://therefinedpalate.com/2013/01/17/ew-broccoli/
Simple but so delicious!
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Include the award logo within your blog post.
Here are the 10 questions:
- What is your favorite color? I love the color green. In my opinion it symbolizes a free-spirit, creativity, light-heartedness and it also just so happens to be the same color as most of my favorite herbs.
- Your favorite animal? My favorite animal is Charlie, my 3-year-old pit bull. She is my best buddy and never fails to put a smile on my face. I wish for one day to rescue all the pit bulls in the world and end breed-discrimination.
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drinks? I love me some club soda, water and unsweetened iced tea. I never really understood the term “unsweetened iced tea”. Wouldn’t it just be regular iced-tea since you can’t really unsweeten something if it was never sweet to begin with?? Mind blown…
- Facebook or Twitter? I just can’t get into Twitter. As for Facebook, I just like posting photographs.
- Your favorite pattern? I love simple clean elegance with a little funk thrown in the mix.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? I love giving. That’s part of the joy of cooking. I love giving people happiness through food.
- Your favorite number? 86,400. The number of seconds in a day. Use yours wisely.
- Your favorite day of the week? This is an odd question. I would say any day that I really made the most of. I love any day I get to spend with my baby niece and nephew.
- Your favorite flower? I love orchids and daisies. They both scream freedom and have a peaceful quality about them.
- What is your passion? This is a no-brainer. Food, food and food. I love to cook, eat, work in the kitchen, write about food and read about food. Anything involving gastronomy and I am instantly hooked. It is therapy.
And just because I can, I am adding one more question:
Why did you start to write your blog?
This last question is one that Alison added and I think it is the perfect question. I started my blog because I love to spread joy through my food. I wanted others to be able to take part in the same things I was enjoying so much at home. I love writing, I love photography and I love cooking so food-blogging was a natural progression for me. It continuously inspires me to create.
Here are the Bloggers I nominate:
1. Alison of “Happy Domesticity” was gracious enough to nominate me and I am sending a nomination back her way, not just because she nominated me, but because her take on traditional recipes and hearty comfort food is taken outside the box. Alison has a great variety of desserts and savory dishes. Originally from Ireland, Alison now resides in Canada and I love how her cultural influences play a huge role in her cooking style. The next recipe I would love to try: “OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!” JAM TARTS. Just the title alone should make you want to try them!
2. “Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide: A how to for everyone and everyone” was the very first blog I started following. I absolutely adore this blog because the variety in types of food is so immense, there is always something to please everyone. The photos provided show you the cooking process step by step; something that is helpful for those not completely familiarized with the world of cooking. Not only does this blog offer delicious and creative recipes, it also provides exciting new drink ideas for those interested in an adult beverage once in a while. Although this blog doesn’t qualify under “sisterhood”, I just had to include him. Greg’s wife does make frequent appearances throughout the blog and I just love how they work as a duo. Do yourself a favor and check out his blog. The next recipe I would love to try: ” Stuffed chicken with prunes and feta“. My little Greek insides are just going crazy for this one!
3. My next nomination has to go to “The Southern Lady Cooks”. I really appreciate this blog because being a “Yankee”, I’m not exactly an expert on southern cooking but this blog is definitely a good place to start. Just browsing through it will make your mouth water. I love how The Southern Lady stays true to her Kentucky roots and this is displayed all throughout the blog. The recipe I would love to try next: “Mashed Potato Biscuits”. Shockingly enough, I have never experimented in biscuit making. this will be my first go!
4. “City Hippy Farm Girl” is a blog I just recently came across. I absolutely love the idea behind this blog. I often consider myself a city hippy chick so I can definitely identify with the viewpoint. I absolutely love farm-fresh sustainable foods and this is what “City Hippy Farm Girl” is all about. If you love simple and healthy foods, I recommend checking out this blog for some inspiring ideas and beautiful photographs.